This picture was taken a about a month ago but it describes perfectly how I feel.
Completely exhausted
If anyone has any suggestions or knows of any good books to read about how you get your baby to sleep during the night I would love to hear it. He's definitely kicking my butt.
Oh man I know how you feel. Layton didn't sleep through the night until he was almost 3. It totally sucks. But now he sleeps through anything all night. good luck. Nothing I tried worked.
Hey Ailyn! This is Ashley (Harker) Parks! I found your blog through Erin's...and I'm so glad because now I can keep up to date on your cute little family. I am a big fan of "Babywise"..although I took it with a grain of salt and tweaked it a little to fit my style because I'm not as strict of a parent as the book suggests...but it helped me get Finn to sleep through the night! It is all about getting your baby on a solid eating/napping schedule...good luck!
My boys are wonderful sleepers, they even like to sleep in!! Megan on the other hand....well, lets just say that I have not had a good nights sleep for 11.5 years. Some kids just never get the hang of it...I know that is totally not what you want to hear..but the good thing is,I don't actually have to get up out of bed anymore when she wakes up..I just tell her to get back to sleep.I have read a lot of books but it has been a long time. You need something on self soothing. I hope you find something that works for you!! And me...I will get a good sleep one day when they are all grown up. I'm half way there. And livin' on a prayer.
7 comments:
My favorite is Good Night Sleep Tight by Kim West. It always seems right on target. I own it if you'd like to borrow it!
Oh man I know how you feel. Layton didn't sleep through the night until he was almost 3. It totally sucks. But now he sleeps through anything all night. good luck. Nothing I tried worked.
When you get the book let me know. Mine don't sleep either and how you look in that chair is how I feel!
Nice to meet you btw;)
Hey Ailyn! This is Ashley (Harker) Parks! I found your blog through Erin's...and I'm so glad because now I can keep up to date on your cute little family. I am a big fan of "Babywise"..although I took it with a grain of salt and tweaked it a little to fit my style because I'm not as strict of a parent as the book suggests...but it helped me get Finn to sleep through the night! It is all about getting your baby on a solid eating/napping schedule...good luck!
Awwww. I feel for ya. I've been there (Haven't we all?) I hope this stage passes and you can get on to the "more sleep=happy mama" times :)
i have been blessed with fabulous sleepers.
however ... happiest baby on the block by Dr. Harvey Karp is good. i haven't read the whole thing, but what i did read just sat right with me.
read stuff...but just go with what feels right.
and good luck!
My boys are wonderful sleepers, they even like to sleep in!! Megan on the other hand....well, lets
just say that I have not had a good nights sleep for 11.5 years. Some kids just never get the hang of it...I know that is totally not what you want to hear..but the good thing is,I don't actually have to get up out of bed anymore when she wakes up..I just tell her to get back to sleep.I have read a lot of books but it has been a long time. You need something on self soothing. I hope you find something that works for you!! And me...I will get a good sleep one day when they are all grown up. I'm half way there. And livin' on a prayer.
Post a Comment