The tree is up, the Christmas music is on, and the shopping has begun. I am very excited, are you?
We put our tree up on the last day of November while listening to my favorite Christmas CD Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton's Once upon a Christmas (this is a tradition in my family). The tree isn't completely finished yet I still need to buy some ribbon and a tree skirt. This is why there are no pictures. I have bought alot of presents but there are still alot to buy. I love shopping so Christmas shopping is no burden to me.
Matthew came home with a present for the both of us... a new hp laptop. I am oh so excited. We have been needing a new computer and I have been secretly really wanting a laptop. I hated having to go downstairs to the far corner bedroom to go on the computer and listen to the kids go "MOM, MOM WHERE ARE YOU?"Now I can sit anywhere I want.
The stomach flu has hit my baby boy. His tummy has been off for a few days and today he decided to get the runs. I know what you're thinking "YUCK" and that's exactly what it is.
We had a little scare with Bayly. He was having sharp stomach pains about every hour or so. Naturally I was very worried. He would lay on the floor crying that his tummy hurt. Matthew took him to the hospital where they took an X-ray and it turned out he was completely full of gas. The poor kid. I felt horrible but relieved at the same time, nothing serious. That experience made me feel really grateful to live in a country where I can take my son to the ER and pay NOTHING. I am however curious how much it would cost in the U.S.
Anyways the holidays are almost here and the excitement is growing, and growing. There is constant talk of Santa and it seems my TV has permanently been playing Barbie's new holiday movie. Even with all the excitement of his arrival I am determined to teach my children the true meaning of Christmas. I guess we'll see how that goes.
3 comments:
I'll start with the hospital thing..you are right,you are so lucky to not have to pay to go to the hospital!!!! My kids school bus was in an accident a couple of years ago and we were only in the ER for 4 hours and it cost 1500 dollars!!! Yes, FIFTEEN hundred!!! Luckily the schools insurance covered it but we we billed until the claim was filed. so Insane!!! A basic doctors visit is 100 dollars up front for a child-more for an adult.
So cool about the laptop! Its great to be able to be online anywhere in the house!!!!
The baby runs..I remember those days. Poor little guy, I hope he feels better!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I love this time of year! even if everyone gets sick and no one sleeps and the constant rollercoaster of sugar highs and lows causes total and utter koas!! what a wonderful time of year to put everything down gaze into the tree and it's beautiful lights and reflect on what christmas means to you!!
We took Finn to the ER for croup a few months ago and it cost $50...because we have insurance. Without insurance...who knows!!! Sometimes I consider moving back home before I have my next baby so the delivery will be free!
Post a Comment